!00 years of Rotary in Australia
For our centenary:
- we have a $30m project vaccinating 100,000 children across 9 Pacific nations;
- Rotary will be planting 1million trees across NZ;
- we aim to eliminate Trachoma in aboriginal populations for our centenary;
- commemorative stamps and coins in the hands of all Australians celebrate Rotary's achievements through 100 years and the promise of more to come.
Rotary’s Centenary is a time of celebration! It Is our turn to be part of history. A history of making a
difference in so many ways for so long.
While we celebrate the past we also are creating the future. There is so much more that needs to
- One in 16 children die in 9 Pacific nations before the age of 5; for our centenary, we are
going to stop that.
- Australia is the world's last developed country where Trachoma (infectious eye disease) still
persists; elimination of Trachoma is our centenary goal.